You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, November 4, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Jurassic Quest is considered our country’s largest dinosaur-centric event. Fun for all ages, activities include meeting a dinosaur expert, dinosaur rides, fossil digging, the largest dinosaur replicas in the world and more. Taking place at the L.A. Convention Center Nov. 2 – 4.
2. [10 a.m.] Complexcon returns to the Long Beach Convention Center (Nov. 3-4) for a music festival and convention showcasing the best in art, food, style, music and more. The musical lineup includes acts like Rae Sremmurd, Future and Vince Staples.
3. [10:30 a.m.] Bender LA’s monthly yoga event takes guests to the rooftop of ROW DTLA for a 75-minute silent disco yoga class. After the class guests are invited to check out Smorgasburg’s Sunday open air food market.
4. [11 a.m.] Tropicália Music & Taco Festival takes over Queen Mary Events Park in Long Beach (Nov 3-4) for two music filled days plus some of the best tacos in town. Morrissey, Cardi B, Mac Demarco, Mazzy Star are just a few names on the eclectic bill. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [noon] Head over to Griffith Park Harvest Festival this Sunday. A seasonal gathering, the festival will include live music, as well as a children’s area with a bounce house, games, rock climbing wall and more. The L.A. County Brewers Guild will curate a special selection of local seasonal beers for the occasion. FREE
6. [noon] Dapper Day Expo returns to the Disneyland Resort (Nov. 3-4) for another year of celebrating the refined styles of the past. The event features a marketplace, a barber experience, live musical performances from The San Andreas Sisters and Jennifer Keith, plus special dance lessons.
7. [3 p.m.] Angel City Brewery will host a Midterms Ballot Party in collaboration with Shepard Fairey’s design studio, Studio Number One. The party will celebrate democracy and try to help educate people about what’s on the ballot.
8. [7 p.m.] On Sunday enjoy the first dinner-party concert put on by A Wild Honey Pie featuring the band NEIL FRANCES. The intimate event will offer a three-course meal, complimentary drinks and a performance by NEIL FRANCES, who draws airy guitar and vocal delivery, similar to the likes of Chromeo or Tame Impala. Taking place at Checker Hall.
9. [7:30 p.m.] The Skirball’s new exhibit “The Notorious RBG,” continues their celebration of the Supreme Court Justice this Sunday with a special screening of Julie Cohen and Betsy West’s documentary “RBG.” After the showing, a Q&A with the film’s two directors will be held.
10. [various The Getty Villa’s newest exhibition, Underworld: Imagining the Afterlife highlights the desire for a blessed existence after death with depictions of the Underworld in the art of Greece and southern Italy. Underworld is on view now through March 18.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $11 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for November 4, 2018 appeared first on .