You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Take a look into renowned architect Sou Fujimoto’s work at the Japan House’s new exhibit “Futures of the Future.” The showcase will explore the award winning ideas and themes used throughout Fujimoto’s career. Over 100 live scale replicas will be present. The exhibit will run from Oct. 27 – Dec. 12. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Visit the Annenberg Space for Photography as it welcomes its newest exhibit The National Geographic Photo Ark, a multi-year project led by Joel Sartore to photograph every living species throughout the world’s zoos and wildlife sanctuaries. The exhibit opens on October 13 and continues through January 13. Hours for the space are Wednesday and Friday through Sunday. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Planning to pre-party before the Lakers take on the Timberwolves this Wednesday? Consider nearby WP24 by Wolfgang Puck’s Sky-Gating expereince instead. For $50 a person, the night market-style pop up features access to five live cooking stations from 5-8 p.m. On the menu expect Whole Roasted Sea Bass and Spicy Chili Jian Bing, Chinese Donut Sandwiches with coconut ice cream, beers, cocktails and more.
4. [5:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden presents Moonlight Forest, where crafted lanterns line the garden grounds, some depicting animals, shimmering exotic flowers, and figures from Chinese legends. Happening Wednesdays through Sunday till November.
5. [6 p.m.] Spain performs a live set at Amoeba Hollywood. The band will signs copies of their new album, Mandala Brush.
6. [7 p.m.] Stop by Salazar every first and third Wednesday from November to February for a Mezcal Tasting Series with select mezcal brands. You’ll hear the history and culture of each brand and taste different expressions paired with snacks. November 7 will feature small independent distillery Mezcal Amaras.
7. [8 p.m.] Eagles Don‘t Fly With Pigeons & The Mayfair Hotel hosts #WCW featuring an all female DJ lineup with a special guest performance. The event is hosted by Denkinesh and sponsored by Black Girl Beautiful. No cover.
8. [9 p.m.] Dub Club with DJ Tom Chasteen and Boss Harmony at Echoplex.
9. [9 p.m.] An Evening of Latin Jazz at The Edison in DTLA.
10. [various] L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $11 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for November 7, 2018 appeared first on .