You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, November 9, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Pasadena Arts & Craft Show (Nov. 9 – 11) at The Hilton Pasadena is an artisan market place offering a wide variety of handcrafted goods from over 200 exhibitors including interesting food, rare wines and other edible gifts.
2. [10 a.m.] Take a look into renowned architect Sou Fujimoto’s work at the Japan House’s new exhibit “Futures of the Future.” The showcase will explore the award winning ideas and themes used throughout Fujimoto’s career. Over 100 live scale replicas will be present. The exhibit will run from Oct. 27 – Dec. 12. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] The 11th annual Inglewood Open Studios ( Nov. 10-11) highlight the professional artist studios and art galleries that constitute the burgeoning Inglewood art community. The weekend kicks off with a reception held at Residency Gallery at 5 p.m. on Friday. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] Little Dragon perform a live set at Amoeba Hollywood.
5. [6 p.m.] Leimert Park Friday Night Block Party.
6. [7 p.m.] Art at The Rendon (Nov. 9 -11) is an immersive operatic event that completely reinvents the interior of the Rendon Hotel through film projections, actors and a speakeasy from the 1920’s with a wealth of different beers and concoctions from local breweries and distilleries. Live performances from acts like The Vignes Rooftop Revival and more will take place throughout the weekend.
7. [7 p.m.] The Mayan Heart Festival brings a bit of Guatemala to LA for a night of music, ceremonial dance, and vendors throughout the course of the night.
8. [various] Craftsman Weekend returns to the city of Pasadena November 9-11 with walking and bus tours of historic neighborhoods, buildings, a market place and more.
9. [various] The annual AFI FEST (Nov. 8-15) returns to Hollywood for 2018 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels.
10. [various] L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for November 9, 2018 appeared first on .