You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:30 p.m.] Boneyard Bistro in Sherman Oaks will host its 8th Annual Cuban Pig Roast this Wednesday starting at 5:30 p.m. The menu features Cuban classics like Lechon Asado, Cubano and jerk chicken. Guests are encouraged to make reservations through OpenTable.
2. [6 p.m.] Liquid Intelligence will take over The Mixing Room from 6-7 p.m. for one hour of a complimentary cocktail. This time guests will taste R6 Bourbon Neat and Old Fashions. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] Head over to Santa Monica for Twilight on the Pier. This fall a wide range of musical groups and artists will performance across different stages, transforming the pier into a festival, complete with art, a beer and spirits garden, games, and interactive activations. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] Internetting With Amanda Hess: Los Angeles at the Segovia Hall at Ace Hotel DTLA features a panel discussion plus drinks, and mingling and more. We Like L.A. readers can get $5 off tickets with the promo code WeLikeLA.
5. [7 p.m.] The California African American Museum (CAAM) is hosting their annual Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop celebration this Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. Attendees will have a chance to browse the museum’s exhibits, enjoy a DJ set and food trucks during the event. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Face your fears during Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights. This year, the Stranger Things maze is the main attraction. You’ll also get to experience bone chilling attractions by American Horror Story, The Shining, Halloween, Krampus, Ash vs. The Evil Dead and Walking Dead. Check for discounted tickets on select days. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee with a money prize, bee-themed prizes and guaranteed slurring if you choose to participate.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer will hold a free screening of RBG, the Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary about her life and career. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] See comedians recreate Who Framed Roger Rabbit live onstage while drunk at Black Rabbit Rose in Hollywood.
10. [various] Beyond Fest, Los Angeles’ strangest, scariest, and largest genre film festival returns Sep. 26 to Oct. 9 with another year of bold programming. Sharing a newfound partnership with Hulu and Shudder, 2018’s program boasts an absolutely massive lineup – the festival’s biggest yet – of fan-favorites, nightmares, and oddities, along with bold premieres.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $60 tix to Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for September 26, 2018 appeared first on .